Friday, September 05, 2008

Out of work in another Bush Recession, again...

It's been 2 years since I posted to this blog. I truly reached an "outrage overload". The democrats winning congress in 2006 didn't do a damn thing to help change things. When Pelosi and Reid say "Impeachment is off the table", they took away the only thing these people respect - raw power and the fear of punishment.

I've had 2 jobs since my last post- the job at the national mortgage lender went away, and I got a training job at a large Midwestern bank. I was told a month ago the bank no longer needed my services, and I have been looking since- nothing so far, but I am optimistic, even in view of the latest unemployment numbers which put unemployment at 6.1%- that means real unemployment is nearly double. There can be little doubt that we are in a recession at this point - and if we are not, we are in something just as bad. The traditional definition of recession is 2 quarters of negative growth in GDP. But the GDP simply measures economic output in monetary terms, which have been nominally positive. But when you throw in inflation, especially around food and energy, the falling dollar, the ongoing slow motion meltdown of the financial sector and the inability of the government to do a damn thing about it... Well, we may need a new definition. The old measure don't seem to be valid anymore in this new "Global Economy".

I have high hopes for President Obama - but he is starting at 4th & 25 yards to go. Bush has royally screwed the pooch. The cupboards in Washington are bare, W gave it all away to his cronies and corporate friends. So anyone else has to spend their first 2-3 years in office just clearing the wreckage - whether it's Obama or McCain, it's going to be a long rough row to hoe.

So far, I've lost jobs in Bush the Elders recession, W's first recession and now his magnum opus, his final recess/depress/whatever-ion the hell it is.

I am damn tired of Bushes. Really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home